Radio One is proud to be the Atlanta area EF Johnson Public Safety two-way radio dealer. EF Johnson has been a leader in the two-way communications industry since 1923. EF Johnson was the original founder of LTR trunking technology which is one of the most widely used trunking formats in the country.
EF Johnson equipment is the best overall value in public safety radio on the market today. EF Johnson manufactures the only radio other than Motorola that can operate on Motorola Smartnet — Smartzone radio systems. These radios are full featured and very rugged at exceptional pricing. They are fully compatible within any P25 or Smartnet/Smartzone compliant system and will work flawlessly with other manufacturer's radios (as long as the other Manufacturer is fully compliant). EF Johnson was the very 1st manufacturer to adopt the latest technology Enhanced AMBE++ Vocoder into their product line. They are also the only manufacturer that is currently able to deliver products with the enhanced vocoder. The audio quality is far superior to other P25 products on the market.
- Made in the USA — Every EF Johnson radio is made right here in the USA!
- Huge savings over the competition — EF Johnson is the best value in Public Safety radio. EF Johnson products are priced very competitively to fit any budget. Imagine being able to buy more radios with your budget. Now you can afford the extra radios you need.
- Smartnet / Smartzone compatible — They are the only manufacturer other than Motorola to manufacture radio equipment to operate in Smartnet and Smartzone systems. These radios operate flawlessly in Smartnet / Smartzone systems and work seamlessly with Motorola portables and mobiles.
- Superior audio quality in digital systems — EF Johnson Smartnet / Smartzone and P25 compliant radio equipment is renowned for the superior audio quality they provide in P25 systems. This is primarily due to the Enhanced (AMBE+2) P25 Vocoder that is in each radio. EF Johnson was the first manufacturer to adopt this new technology Vocoder and were the 1st to bring products to the markets. Most other manufacturers are still manufacturing their new radios with old version standard vocoders.
Listen for yourself
- End user evaluation and testing — There have been many independent tests conducted in the past on public two way radio. Most recently, the City of Marietta, GA extensively tested all the major P25 products over a 45 day period. They found that the EF Johnson radio outperformed all the others especially in audio quality. The audio quality was profoundly better in high noise environments such as simulated emergencies. After the testing was complete, the City of Marietta nine person review panel voted unanimously to outfit all their public safety and first responder personnel with EF Johnson radios.
- Named "Hot Product" by Public Safety Communications magazine — The EF Johnson ES Series Mobile Radio is introduced, which was named the Hot Product by APCO's Public Safety Communications magazine.
EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. focuses on innovating, developing and marketing the highest quality secure communications solutions to organizations whose mission is to protect and save lives. Our customers include first responders in public safety and public service, the federal government, and industrial organizations. The Company's products are marketed under the EFJohnson, 3e Technologies International, and Transcrypt International brand names.
Our product portfolio includes Project 25 compliant two-way radios, P25 compliant trunked and conventional infrastructure systems, voice encryption modules for all brands of analog two-way radios, and FIPS 140-2 Validatedtm secure wireless broadband, mesh and WLAN solutions.